Facebook is the most used platform with a number of 2.27 billion monthly active users and 1.15 billion daily active users on mobile, with this in mind; can people use Facebook to promote their business?
How to use Facebook Pages to Promote Businesses
There are a couple ways that people can promote their businesses using the Facebook business pages:
- Going live on a business page to engage with their audience. This also gives businesses the chance to reach a new audience.
- Posting regular content gives a business more chance for the content to be shown to a wider audience, which can result in more engagement.
- Posting videos rather than images. A study shows that 95% of a message is remembered shown via video compared to 10% when shown through text.
- Running contests/giveaways which can attract more people to your page.
- Optimising your Facebook page for SEO to have a higher ranking on different search engines.
- Adding an informative cover image to your Facebook page to give visitors information about your business.
How to optimise your Facebook page for SEO?
- Use branded keywords throughout your content to increase page rankings and increase visibility.
- Choose an appropriate username and URL for your Facebook page to enhance your brand recognition.
- Include your business address, especially if you have a brick and mortar business, to potentially increase sales at a physical location.
- Add an email address and phone number, to help capture leads for your business.
- Get backlinks to your Facebook page, to increase your rankings for SEO and increase brand authenticity and visibility.
Why are links important for a Facebook page?
- Linking to blog posts on Facebook can increase visibility and blog authority to new blog posts on external channels.
- Using outbound links to external channels, like a blog post or a website, increases the number of backlinks you have and increases the visibility for your blog.
- Linking to a website from Facebook can increase backlinks, which increases rankings.
- Using an URL shortener on the copy for a page can enable the link to be more trackable.
How often should you post on a Facebook page?
- Businesses should post no more than twice a day, this is in order to gain the maximum number of engagement and visibility.
- Research the best times to post of Facebook, also research your competition and look at what posts work for them.
- The best days of the week to post on Facebook is the weekend as it there is a 32% gain of engagement compared to the rest of the week.
- Posting at 3pm generally gets the most clicks whereas posting at 1pm can get a page the most shares.
- The use of Facebook analytics to see when an audience is online is useful and can help influence when to post.
- Businesses could also use advertising data and analytics to see when users have interacted with content.
How to use Facebook ads for businesses
Setting up and creating a Facebook advertising campaign:
- Before trying to setup a Facebook ad, make sure all settings are up to date and you have added a payment method.
- When all the account settings are complete head to facebook business and click on Create an ad.
- Next choose an objective of the campaign. For example, this could be engagement or website visits - For help with choosing an objective for your Facebook campaign here is a facebook help page.
- After choosing an objective, create your audience or demographic to target.
- When targeting people for an advertising campaign, you could also use the Facebook Pixel, Lookalike Audiences and Custom Audiences to target different demographics that are the most similar to users that have interacted with either your pages on Facebook or external pages; like a website.
- In the adset level, you also need to set the budget for the campaign, this is the maximum amount you would spend on the campaign per month.
- Finally use the adset level to schedule your campaign. When scheduling Facebook ads, they can be set to run all the time or on a schedule.
- When the adset level is complete, you need to start creating the ad and choose from the following options: images, carousel, videos, ad copy, description, call to action, link to promote and targeting links.
- When using images for a Facebook ad:
- Make sure the image is relevant to the the rest of the advert, if it isn’t it could decrease engagement.
- Facebook recommends your image to be 1200 pixels wide, and no smaller than 600.
- Showing people using your product can also make the ad image more eye-catching and personal.
- When using videos for a Facebook ad:
- Upload videos directly to Facebook rather than the link, this way you can review analytics for the video. This method also takes up the width of the news feed which gives you a higher chance of catching someone’s attention.
- When uploading video to Facebook the ratios you should use are:
- 9:16 for full portrait/vertical, which is useful for stories and the Facebook feed
- 2:3 is used vertically for Facebook videos
- 4:5 is used vertically for Facebook and Instagram feed
- 1:1 is a square format which is optimised for Instagram feed but can also be used on the Facebook feed
- 16:9 is a full landscape which can be used on Facebook
- When adding ad copy in the ad level, the main ad text should be no more than 90 characters, up to 25 characters for the headline and up to 90 characters for the link description.
- In your ad copy, you should also add questions to engage with your audience.
- Creating a sense of urgency in the copy, is another method which could increase engagement, especially for a sale or any discounted product or service, and when doing free trials.
- In the ad level you should remember to add a call to action for your Facebook ad, studies show, not having a CTA button can increase the cost per lead by nearly 2.5 times.
- The call to action is a variable dependant on the other information on the ad level as there is different call to actions that are possible to choose.
- When the ad has been created you can retarget the visitors the pixels and visitors from Facebook pages.
After placing Facebook html code on your website, if you have visitors this can give you data you can use to retarget visitors from your website onto Facebook using the Facebook ad platform.
Using custom conversions from the Facebook pixel:
Custom conversions are perfect for when you’re running a campaign with a website conversions objective, as it allows you to track specific users as they convert on a given web page. This way, you can chose to optimise for conversions, and Facebook will serve your ad to people who are most likely to complete the preferred action on your website. With implementing custom conversions, Facebook has a better ability to determine whether a user who visited your website ended up converting.
You could also use custom audiences to target people on the Facebook ad platform using audiences from different places like an email list, website, a mobile application or other data file custom audiences. When finding a list you want to upload to Facebook save it as either a ‘.csv’ or ‘.txt’ file type.
When using lookalike audiences for Facebook pages Facebook recommends a source audience between 1,000 and 50,000 people. For lookalike audiences, it many between 6 and 24 hours for a lookalike audience to be created. When the audience has been created, it will be automatically refresh every 3 - 7 days, as long as ads are being targeted to it.
Boosting Facebook Posts
Boosting a Facebook post can put the post that you think has potential into more people’s news feeds to generate more engagement such as likes, comments and shares. Boosted posts are a way to reach new people who are interested in your content but don’t currently follow or engage with you on Facebook.
The different parts of a boosted post are:
- Targeting - the post can be targeted to whichever demographic is suitable for you. You can also use lookalike audiences and custom audiences for targeting on a boosted post.
- On a boosted post there are different placements you could put your boosted post. Boosted posts can be put in all placements on the ad platform which includes desktop news feed, mobile news feed and Instagram feeds.
- The budget is fully customisable for as much as the person or business wants to spend. Boosted posts require at least $1 a day to run.
- When scheduling, you can set a duration for the post or just set a custom end date.
- When boosting a post you have access to insights which you will give metrics like reach, click, reactions, comments and shares.
- In the promotions tab you can see your other posts as well where you have the option to boost a post if you feel it isn't performing well enough.
Facebook is still considered one of the best platforms for businesses, large and small, to market their products and services to their customer bases. Facebook ads and business pages are two of the most beneficial features your business will have access to once you incorporate Facebook into your marketing strategy. Quite simply, if your looking for a way to increase likes, engage with customers, boost brand awareness and profits, and more, then Facebook is the platform for you.
Here at Vast our dedicated team have expert knowledge in using Facebook. We utilise it to your advantage, giving your business opportunity to grow.
Get in touch to find out more.
Published by: Vast Digital in Uncategorised